Cashew Nut roast is an easy and really delicious vegetarian main course that serves four generously. Ready in 1 hour 5 mins
Ingredients Serves: 4
50g butter or margarine
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon wholemeal flour
300g cashew nuts, finely chopped
50g wholemeal breadcrumbs (regular work just as well)
500g puff pastry
100g carrots, grated
100g courgettes, grated
Preparation method Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
2. Melt butter and fry onion for 5 minutes till soft.
3. Add thyme, flour and 300ml (1/2 pint) of water. Stir till thickened, remove from heat. Add nuts, breadcrumbs, seasoning, allow to cool.
4. Roll out the pastry to a rectangle 38x25cm (15x10 in). Place half the mixture in centre. Cover with grated carrots and courgettes and top with remaining nut mixture.
5. Brush edges of pastry with water. Wrap round the filling and place on a dampened tray. 6. Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven.